Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: D1 & D2 playoff picture

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    D1 & D2 playoff picture

    I was wanting to see if anyone had an update on the playoff picture as of right now. I also would like to hear some of your thoughts on how you think the playoff picture will look 4 weeks from now.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  2. #2
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D1 & D2 playoff picture

    I think it's really too early to make out anything at all of the playoff picture. The only sure thing as of right now is that Burton will be in the playoffs and Haysi will be as well. Haysi really doesn't have anyone left on their schedule once they play Clintwood and Honaker.
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D1 & D2 playoff picture

    [ QUOTE ]
    I think it's really too early to make out anything at all of the playoff picture. The only sure thing as of right now is that Burton will be in the playoffs and Haysi will be as well. Haysi really doesn't have anyone left on their schedule once they play Clintwood and Honaker.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Don't be knockin the Rebels from E-town...looks like they may be a division 1 playoff team [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D1 & D2 playoff picture

    I would say Ervinton will have to win 2 of their next 4 to make it. I don't know that that will happen. They face Castlewood, Twin Valley, and Haysi. TV and RC would be their best chances but RC will still be tough for them.

    Plus they would need to beat out St. Paul. SP has Appy, TV, Coeburn, RC, and TW. Truly only this weeks Appy game is not within their reach IMO. Also they get a bonus point for every Ervinton win.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D1 & D2 playoff picture

    Yeah I think st. paul will end up getting in over Ervinton and probably deservedly so since they beat them head to head.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D1 & D2 playoff picture

    Unofficial Region D Division 2 points standings after this weekend:

    Haysi 16.5
    Gate City 14.0
    Powell Valley 13.0
    Honaker 13.0
    Clintwood 11.5

    I didn't get Coeburn or J.J. Kelly's point standings, not sure if they are out of the playoff picture just yet.

    Basically all of the other 5 have to continue winning to have the opportunity to make the playoffs, plain and simple. Once we're a little closer to the end of the regular season, we should be able to tell a lot more about the postseason.
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  7. #7
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D1 & D2 playoff picture

    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, Ervinton hasn't been close to the football playoffs since Curt Newsome (JMU, now VA Tech) was there in '81. I think they went 7-3 and beat PV in BSG. I believe JJK won state that year. How close am I?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D1 & D2 playoff picture

    They were close in the mid 90s when Gaby was there. My memory when it comes to playoff appearances is quite fuzzy.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D1 & D2 playoff picture

    Just wondering. My dad used to coach and teach there. He just moved to Brunswick County.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D1 & D2 playoff picture

    They made it in in 94 when Gaby was there. I think they were 7-3. They won the district that year.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •